Re: Interviews

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Kestas wrote:

> suggests so. However, it doesn't mean that Pierce didn't improve, or more
> ridiculous yet, regressed, from last year, as some folks here have
> suggested. His points, overal FG%, FT%, steals and assists are up. His
> rebounds, blocks, and 3PT% have dipped somewhat, but he's a much more
> composed, complete player, who has developed a pet move
> (upfake/step-under/midrange J), and increased his FTA/game from 4 to 6. He
> has made progress - it's just that it pales in comparison with Carter's
> ICBM-like ascent.

I dunno.  Without looking at the numbers, Pierce had moxie last year.  He
always seemed to be making the right play at the right time, a la Adrian
Griffin for the first 25 games this year.  Whether it was a tip in, 3
pointer, rebound, block, steal, he always seemed to be in the right place
at the right time.

I think his ankle is probably hampering him, especally on defense.  But it
still doesn't excuse the way opponents have been abusing him this season.
Too many times his man has driven around him like he wasn't there.

He's taken lessons from Antoine on driving to the hoop and getting
stripped.

The pet move is nice, as is the FTA/game.  But I'd say he's about even
with his rookie year.

Dan