Re: thinking (of trading AW)

> From: "R. Bentz Kirby" <bocelts@usit.net>
> Subject: Thinking
>
> I think that with the Magic looking like it will make the playoffs,
> Pitino needs to do some soul searching about his methods of coaching.
> On the other hand, to do what Orlando did, we would have to first get
> rid of Walker and then get some guys who are willing to work off season
> and play team ball first.  Any thoughts on who we should trade Antoine
> to and who we should get in return?

Hi Bentz,

I agree with you about the coaching - Pitino got to change/adjust himself to
tap the full talent/potential that we have (at least on paper), otherwise,
let somebody do the job.

I still feel AW is part of the long term core of the Celtics, we just need
the right coach/motivator. AW's doing great the last month of so, I hope he
is still motivated enough during summer. I think Pitino (or some new coach I
hope) got to really find out the "true" walker this summer. If he's like PP
the last summer (working out improving his game, cares about summer league),
then I would keep him. Any signs at all that he is slacking off - back to
his "veteran-all-star" attitude - let's trade him. I hope we can get player
+ no.1 picks and just not for some old veteran. (no.1 picks are our future ,
just see the Chris Webber for Anferne Hardaway + 3 picks! deal - WAshington
still paying the price the next draft!)

best regards
kevin