Russ/Misc

Cecil,

The person who had a problem with Russ should know he
hasn't signed an autograph for fans in 40 years.
Perhaps people deficating his house could be an
explanation. He signed an exclusive deal for $2 mil I
believe for Field of Dreams. I saw him at a show last
fall. I actually got to speak with him for a few
moments (heard he was a jerk). VERY nice guy and got
my pic taken with him. Why is he back now? Maybe the
outpouring of love he got at his number re-retirement
last May (I was there). Maybe because of Wilt's death
he wants fans to have a better memory of him after he
passes. Maybe because Pitino invited him back, or
maybe he and Bird are secretly plotting to buy the
team and are rating RP. Tell the guy to go to Ebay and
spend $100-200 if he really wants it.

Re: Kenny - He wants to go to a contender? I'd love to
accommodate him. His body is brittle, he's 30 making
$8 mil, he's occasionally selfish and playing at his
best right now (maximum trade value) Most marketable
commodity behind PP and AW. Sayonara!

I hope the Atlanta exercise shows why Motumbo is no
good for us. Btw, I love Gorman saying before the game
how pitiful the Hawks are, but we only had 4 more wins
and WE were the ones with the 10 game losing streak!
AW guarantees the win. Gee, could you pick weeker
fodder, Twoine? Why not guarantee the win at Philly a
few games back? THat would have been impressive. If
Gaston only pays one max contract, I think it should
be to PP and trade Twoine. Anyone else see that Darius
Miles at the High School Tourney? Wow! I know it's set
up to be a showcase, but Wow!

>You are very welcome Aimee.  Russell was a fine guest
to have on the set.
Listening to WEEI today, there was speculation that
Russell was brought in
to take a little bit of the pressure off Pitino.  Now,
Ordway is even
questioning the motives of the most successful player
in history.  Wondering
aloud why he has chosen to come back to Boston now
after all these years.

He failed to mention that Russ was also invited to
work with the team
earlier in the year.

A caller was upset with Russ for not signing an
autograph for his son on
Flutie night.  He said Flutie was signing them and
Russ should have also.
He went on to say that Russ wasn't rude, but rather
just brushed him off
when he approached.  Radatz defended Russ.

Cecil