Re: Pitino Show

----- Original Message -----
From: <damekmo@teleport.com>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2000 7:49 PM
Subject: Re: Pitino Show
> I din't see Good Will Hunting, however....Fortson's a very nice guy, a
very
> good rebounder, and I think it's just great that he's a hunk of a guy and
> works hard at it. But you don't give a guy minutes just because he's all
of
> the above when he's a short lead-footed defender with a one dimensional at
> best offensive game. It's not favoritism that keeps Walker on the floor
for
> close to 40 mins./game.

You're missing my point. Nobody's arguing that Walker is a better player
than Fortson, and should be out there as long as possible. The point was,
Pitino's favorites get away with the same stuff for (the slightest
perception of) which he comes down like a sledgehammer on the players that
are not among his favorites. With Pitino, the principle apparently is, "quod
licet Iovi, non licet bovi".  And that's a problem.