Re: Pitino Going To...

dforant1@nycap.rr.com writes:

> The Celts may next season
>  turn things around, but this season has been a complete disaster.

I have to go with Dan here.  The consensus of this list was that the Cs had a
.500 team - I think 40 was the average pick for number of wins.  Right now
they are on track for 31-33 perhaps.  All our optimism, all our hopes went
into the trash.  I asked before the season that listers fill in the blanks in
the following:  "I will consider this season a total disaster unless the
Celtics _________."  I don't recall the answers I got, but NO ONE said that
winning 31 games was avoiding disaster.  And the post earlier today (Kestis?)
about ML winning 33 with his cast of no-names ...... sigh.  Antoine Walker,
Paul Pierce and Kenny Anderson are head to head with Dee Borwn, Dino Radja
and Dana Barros?  Give me a break.  This season HAS been a total disaster.
Yeah, there's always next year, and that draft pick.  (See, e.g., Kris Clack,
Junior Burroughs....)