Re: ex-Celtic... or ex-Celtic killer

Who said Bird wasn't that good? I said he's perfect for the team he has. I
don't think he'd have the patience for our young, immature bunch. And yes,
the team he took over missed the playoffs the year before. But it also made
a couple of long playoff runs just before that, including a trip to the
conference finals. It was a strong, veteran team that had worn out its
relationship with Larry Brown. Bird was the perfect guy at the perfect time.

Mark