Re: ex-Celtics...or an ex-Celtic-killer

I don't think Thomas would make a good coach at all.  He's too much of a
"pretty boy".  He'd be too concerned with kissing the players on the cheeks
to discipline them.  As far as Bird goes, people like to say that he's not
that good because of the team he's coaching.  I can't disagree more.  I must
admit that I didn't think he would make a good coach when I first heard
about it.  He's totally proven me wrong.  The Pacers didn't even make the
playoffs the year before he took over.  People forget that.  He would turn
Boston into winners, because he wouldn't put up with any junk from any of
our cocky punks like Walker.  He'd put his butt on the bench.  Why does
everyone think that Phil Jackson is such a great coach?  I haven't been
impressed with what he's done at all.  Look at the teams he's coached.  How
many Hall-of-Famers has he coached?  It's made it so easy for him.  How many
Hall-of-Famers is Bird coaching right now?  Maybe one in Miller.  Think
about it.  The Celts need to do everything they can to get Bird in there
coaching.