Re: Paul's Remarks

>     I do know this:  blowing your cool with the media and making stupid
statements is not going to help your team or bring the fans in.  When he
blew up he blew up any credibility he had with many people.
> Dorine

I guess that's one way of looking at it.  But I really feel that his
knocking of the negativity was intended to take the pressure off the
players.  And I think it worked very well for a spell.  The team has played
much better since his eruption and I don't think it is a merely a
coincidence.  For a team that some folks have said to have tuned out the
coach, they definitely played better from that point on.

Coaches do all kinds of things to inspire their players to improve.  I think
the players are getting off rather easily in the criticism department.  It's
not Pitino who misses 11 free throws and doesn't reverse the ball.  And I
don't think they play poorly in spurts on purpose.  I think they just lack
concentration which you may attribute to his coaching style.  I just have a
differing opinion.

I don't think he'll leave until the end of next season, if then, and it will
be contingent on whether there is a noticeable improvement of the team.

Cecil