From: "Juddy" <norine@sover.net>
To: "celts" <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 02, 2000 1:37 PM
Subject: Paul's Remarks

> Hey, Paul -
>     I'm with you, but how do you know the frustration exhibited by the
players was at each other?  I mean, it might have looked that way but I
believe the way they feel is as much toward the coach as anyone.  We talk
about maturity, but to me, Rick Pitino exhibits no more maturity than his
young players, maybe less.  First he blows up at the fans, then he lets
loose, without thinking, at the players and how he's going to "suspend"
them.  Next morning of course, it's a different story.  Not sure I've ever
seen a coach act this way before.  Sure, he's frustrated, but whose fault is
that?
>     I, too, believe this team needs some continuity, but I also believe an
NBA coach, whether a former player or just an experienced coach at this
level, could do alot more with the team at this point.  I don't think Pitino
can, and another year isn't going to make any difference.  All he did was
make another of his infamous promises, none of which he's been able to keep.
He should know better.  Sure, they need some new players in a couple
positions, and they need to get rid of a few.  I don't pretend to have the
answers, but IMHO, Rick Pitino has to go.
>     I do know this:  blowing your cool with the media and making stupid
statements is not going to help your team or bring the fans in.  When he
blew up he blew up any credibility he had with many people.