New coach speculation?

Well it's time to start talking....a new coach. I can't believe Pitino's
staying in Boston. I agree with Mark Berry and my insane uncle.  Pitino's
"I love developing young people," is his way of explaining a decision he's
already made. I think his threat of suspensions/trades after "the incident"
was totally idiotic. He should've displayed the sort of self-control he
rightfully expected from his players, but instead he started making wild,
frothy, public threats to the media. ("Frothy" threats?) I never thought
anybody deserved to be suspended for something that happened in the heat of
the moment after several very frustrating losses; devastating losses which
essentially ended their season. This is totally different from missing
practices and being late for shoot-arounds, etc. The latter is simply a
case of premeditated irresponsibility. The former could be the outcome of
some personal/chemistry problems between the players, that is, they don't
respect each other, but a suspension at the end of the year is not going to
change that. Maybe they should've had that meeting earlier in the year, but
Ricky always told us their attitudes were consistently great. It seems to
me that Ricky just blew up because he's had it with losing, as have his
players, and wants out...just like some of his players...but that's another
story. I'm actually very ambivalent about Pitino's leaving at this moment.
I believe this organization is in desperate need of some continuity, some
long-term continuity, some long-term planning. If Ricky leaves, this team
has to start all over again with a new coach, a new gm, and a new
direction. Now, if you believe that Ricky's a failure it could be time to
cut your losses and roll the dice with someone new, but I've really had it
with, first, years of the planned misery of MLCarr and then the "I know the
secret of winning" experiment of Rick Pitino. This is way too Clipper-like
for my tastes, but then again, the "Clipper East!" On the one hand, I think
Ricky needs to stick it out and work through and past this year, get
another lottery pick, make a very gutsy trade, and stay the course. On the
other, screw it, get rid of him, but please, NO COLLEGE COACHES!!!! If
Pitino's leaving, get somebody with NBA experience.

Now, concerning that gutsy trade. Everybody is up for grabs on this team
including Pierce, and he's probably the player who gets you the most in a
trade. I'm not sold on him anyway, but I'm pretty cranky these days, so
it's probably a personal thing. And while I'm cranky, what good is Anderson
if he "doesn't look to get assists and doesn't exhibit any veteran
leadership? I'm sure you could get a couple of serious players and a draft
pick for a package of Pierce and Anderson. I don't know, but something big
has to happen this offseason, that's pretty clear. OK...I have one more
week of "work responsibility" and then I give myself a good long
suspension.

So do you keep Wallace as gm and get a new coach? Do you fire them all and
hire a new gm and have him pick the coach? If Wallace stays does he pick
the coach? Is anybody in this organization competent enough to pick the
coach and gm, and please, don't tell me Auerbach. Red's been in the
organization and watched this whole thing collapse and I assume that, while
he's had little say the past few years, he had a lot of input during the
"miserable Gavitt years." Let's just say Red is a legend but at this point,
it's just a moving story about the very distant past.

Paul M.