Re: Kevin Willis Update

In a message dated 9/29/99 11:51:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time, opi@unesco.org
writes:

<< If you favor trading Tony Battie plus a Denver 1st round pick for Willis
 at this stage, then I'm glad you are not a GM.  Battie's solid PF numbers
 after Walker went down last season and his confident play at FILA suggest
 he may be a better prospect than Kevin Willis next year and down the road.
 Just my opinion.

l would have to agree.  If Willis was 5 years younger it'd be a different
story but to expect him to contribute significantly in an uptempo offense at
this stage of his career is begging for failure.  I could see the other
scenario where he and McGrady are dealt for Walker since Walker & McGrady
will both be around long after he's gone and because Toronto is odds-on to
lose McGrady atyear's end anyway.  I would not be in favor of such a deal
either but it would make more sense (and doesn't work under the cap anyway).

George