Re: Trade questions

Mean Gene,
Being there West of the Pecos in the Lonestar State, you're not
privy to the psyche of the New England sports fan. If Pitino fails
to have the Green team make the playoffs, he's a fraud and failure in
the eyes of Celtics nation. He's run off his mouth so much about the
team being in the playoffs - telling it at golf tournaments,
motivational
speeches, fan get-togethers, to the media - that it's set in stone.
There's no way out for Little Ricky now.  It's either fight or flee,
do kha-kha or get off the pot.

On Battie - if they don't sign him to an extension soon, then
they can't get a contract done until after August 1st of next
year, in which case, he'll be a free agent.  This route is
fraught with peril, as Battie could pull a Shandon Anderson,
or maybe he'll be so pissed off at the team for not extending him or
starting him, that he'll leave....
Ray