Re: DJ

Kris Clack would seem to have found an ideal coach in Dennis Johnson, who selected him
3rd overall in the CBA draft. I'm sure DJ will take a special interest in coaching the
kid, since they are the same height and body type. One thing about ol DJ, I recall he
could really sky when he played for the championship Sonics. Once he arrived in Boston,
you hardly ever saw DJ try to jump more than a foot off the ground. He shows that the
vertical game (something Clack has, but Celts signees Griffin and Turner don't) is far
less important to NBA success than grasping the below-the-rim basics.

BTW, didn't Wallace try to place Clack elsewhere, like in the USBL or in Europe?  I
assume the Celtics don't retain his rights if he signs with the CBA LaCrosse Bobcats, but
obviously that kid should do what's best for his own career. I expected the Celts would
at least invite him to participate for the first few weeks of training camp and maybe
play in the first exhibition game against an NBA team. As with Damon Jones (another guard
they liked), I guess Pitino saw no point in leading him on.