Re: DJ

Believe it or not, my first Celtics game at the Garden in person was the
one where they retired DJ's number. It was the most electrifying thing I
think I've ever witnessed (and I was AT the Ryder Cup this weekend). The
crowd went wild, goosebumps galore. They really gave the man his due and
what an extra special treat to see a Celtics game that night (they won!).
My first NBA game was in Chicago and despite Michael Jordan's 35pts, they
lost. Lucky first games.

Side note about Jordan and the Ryder Cup. I have friends that live across
the street from The Country Club and Jordan and Elway both called their
house looking to park in their driveway. No dice, said the lady of the
house. I'm going to have to chat with her about that decision. Jordan did
end up renting a house on the street and the amount hasn't been revealed,
but I imagine it would take a ton of cash to uproot someone from that prime
location (not that anyone on that street needs the money).

Theresa