On Hoops (Johnny P) Gives The C's a D+

http://www.onhoops.com

                                       Why the East Doesn't Suck

                 September 10, 1999, Jonny P..

                 You know, it's gettin on my nerves. Every stinkin' day, man; "Aw, man,
                 since M.J. retired, the east sucks!" "Every team is sooooo boring,
                 blah blah blah." Zip it! Stop yer whinin'! Since when does one player
                 make a confrence? Admittedly, there are a lot of question mark teams
                 in the east, either they'll kick butt, or well, they'll be really
                 lame. But as of right now, nobody really knows what's gonna happen.
                 Having said all that, I'm gonna give you my best shot at the
                 respective conditions of each team out here. Ready? Drum roll
                 please...  <snips>

                 BOSTON CELTICS
                 Man, what happened here? This was supposed to be The Big Year.
                 Suddenly, Pitino ain't lookin' so hot. The only thing these guys did
                 right last year was draft Paul Peirce, who has just become The
                 Franchise. Yep, Mercer is gone, and 'toine is packing his bags. But
                 faint not, there's a glimmer of hope......Danny Fortson, to be exact.
                 I don't care what you've heard, this guy rocks. Period. 11.6 boards a
                 night don't happen by accident. Why no respect? He's 6'7. If Ricky
                 decides to start Battie over Fortson, these guys are beyond dead.
                 C Potopenko
                 Pf Fortson
                 Sf Walker
                 Sg Peirce