RE: Way's/Gene's trade idea

>From: "John Lyell" <Jlyell@concentric.net>
>
>I would not can Ron Mercer, a guy that shoots about 20% from 3 point land a
>scoring 2 in the league of a Reggie Miller, Sprewell, Richmond, etc.

So he scores, and he's a 2, but because he doesn't shoot three's, he's not a
scoring 2?  Whatever.  Are those guys you mention better than Ron?  Sure.
Can you get a player like that for Danny Fortson?  Probably not.  However,
that has little to do with my point, which was if Rick Pitino wanted Paul
Pierce at the 3, and then necessarily, Antoine at the 4, he wouldn't have
traded Ron Mercer for a 4, would he?  You are entitled to your opinion
regarding the Celtics' need for a "scoring 2", but I disagree and was just
pointing out that it appears Rick Pitino does too.

Jim