Re: 1999 NBA PRESEASON SCHEDULE

Thanks very much for this info, Roger. I assume "TBD" means "to be
decided". I see the Celts schedule includes two games each against playoff
calibre clubs like Utah, Charlotte and Atlanta, played in such exotic
locales as Nashville, Tenn; Biloxi, Miss; and Lexington, Kentucky.
Unfortunately, it looks like local Boston fans will be given only two
opportunities before the season starts to get out there to the Fleet Center
and boo Antoine Walker. :-) That last line was meant to be a dig at Jim
Hill, no doubt one of the more intelligent Antoine boo-birds on this list.

Joe

p.s. With our first preseason game on October 13th, does anyone out there
know when Camp Pitino opens? I assume it will be the last week of September
if not sooner. The Celts have a lot of new faces, especially on a bench
unit that will be called on to press and trap regularly. Pitino also has a
lot of teaching to do on offense to get the Celts to stop playing the
league's ugliest basketball for significant stretches. RP of course claimed
he didn't teach any offense at all last season, something I pray is true
since otherwise this implies that most of our current players are
uncoachable, mental retards.  BTW, the great thing IMO about having
offensive rebounders at four starting positions (including the NBA's "best"
offensive rebounder in Fort) is that it could allow the Celts to fight back
into games even on nights when the offense isn't firing on all cylinders
(which I'm sure will continue to happen frequently for a few more seasons).
An ability to win our share of the truly ugly games will be a big factor in
any 7-game playoff series, assuming we can get that far next year. I
believe it's safe to say the 1980s Celtics teams won a greater share of the
ugly games that they were involved in than other teams, not to mention
winning some real beauties as well.

------