Re: Celtic Pride

I probably shouldn't take offense, but I can't see what's gained by criticizing
Warwick list-wide like this. He's a young guy who is enthusiastic and supports the
Celts as much as anyone, whether or not he's old enough to have experienced the
last championship era that ended 13 years ago. It's obviously one of the rewards
of the Celts list to see messages posted from such a far-flung contingent
(Australia is about as far away as Oregon!) with regular contributers from Ireland
to the Philippines to Lithuania (is Kestus from Lithuania? I don't know what makes
me assume this). Don't worry, I fully realize this sort of post probably sounds
sanctimonious and hypocritical (the "reply-all" aspect) considering that you were
merely pointing out what you felt were inconsistencies in his post, within the
established context of free debate. Still I'm going with "reply-all" only because
I think Warwick takes a lot of crap as a Celts fan and list contributer, yet has
the decency to generally not react to personal attacks by resorting to insults and
flames. Obviously, he doesn't need me or anyone to stick up for him. But it just
seems unseemly to read one-sided insults aimed at a decent guy. Why not "pick on
someone your own size" (or at least your generation)!?  :-)  Jan, I'm sorry to
grandstand at your expense. I make up for being a mostly quiet type by acting like
a real big mouth on the list. :-)  Back to what matters, I believe the Celts are
playing their last exhibition game tonight (or this weekend) so let's all get
ready to give our season predictions to Theresa (assuming she's willing).

Go Celts!

Joe

****