[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: "celts" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: BOB RYAN
- From: "Dorine" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 21:41:13 -0400
- Comments: SoVerNet Verification (on pike.sover.net)gateway2000 from arc1a32.burl.sover.net [126.96.36.199] 188.8.131.52Sun, 24 Oct 1999 21:41:14 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
No comment on what Bob Ryan wrote, but I have to correct something that keeps getting repeated here, that he doesn't know basketball. He was the Boston Globe's reporter for the Celtics for a long, long time - starting when Russell was nearing the end of his career. Even since he has not been the main Celtics reporter, he's at most of the home games, I see him in the audience. As for writing, he's a very talented writer. It's fine to disagree with what a reporter writes, and to not like it if it goes against what you believe, but you don't have to criticize someone's ability to write or their knowledge of the game just because you don't like the opinions expressed.
One of my favorite quotes is "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it". People on this list don't agree about everything either, but I would hope that's the purpose - different views are expressed and discussed.