Re: Weight for it....

>From: Josh Ozersky <josh_ozersky@yahoo.com>
>
>I suspect that the confusion about Antoine's weight is
>the same as last year, when word got out that he was
>"forty pounds overweight."  They meant forty pounds
>over his ideal, slimmed-down target weight, not his
>actual playing weight.  Antoine probably weighs now
>what he did at the end of last year, which is still
>15-20 pounds more than the "Scottie Pippin body"
>Pitino would like to see.

Last year I heard the 40 pound figure from the same source, Howard and Max,
which seems reliable.  The other day it was phrased that he "reportedly"
came in at 255, which was 20 pounds over his "playing weight".  I took it to
mean that it came from a team source that didn't want to be named.  And,
whether he's supposed to be Scottie Pippen or Karl Malone, I think the idea
is that Pitino wants him to work on his body in the summer, which he clearly
doesn't do very much.

Jim