Re: Fantasy League

Well, OK, since you asked so nicely....

Last year I signed up a group of teams in the www.onhoops.com fantasy
league.  I'll do it again this year, if anyone's interested.  Last year,
though, I started late and had to leave out a couple of people because the
league was full.  This year, I will set up two leagues if we have too many
teams for one.

All I ask is that you only respond if you ARE SURE YOU WANT TO JOIN.  Please
do not reply saying, "err, well, I might be interested in that".  Check out
on-hoops for the rules, and if you want to join, all I need is a team name
and an e-mail address where you wish to receive league updates.  Suggestions
for a name for the league are also welcome. The deadline will depend on
on-hoops, but I'm sure it's still a few weeks away.  As soon as I know, I'll
post it to the list.

Another thing.  Last year there were some problems caused by the on-hoops
system.  For one thing, they didn't include any rookies in the draft.  I
don't expect that to happen again, because rookies were included two years
ago.  Must have been some lockout problem.  Anyway, whatever issues arise, I
do not intend to try to resolve them among us.  We play the game that
on-hoops provides, with NO local rules for our league.  For instance, last
year someone offered to run a "transaction wire", informing the teams of
transactions.  Well, that gives one team advanced warning of all
transactions, plus there is no way to force teams to abide by it.  So,
nothing like that will be allowed this year, got it?  Good!

Finally, if the list doesn't mind, I'll send weekly updates to the list, so
that you can all see who's opening cans of whup-ass on whom.  Really
bragging rites on the list are all we're playing for.  It was fun playing
with fellow celtic fans last year, and it should be even better this year,
with a full season and training camp to get in shape.  I see great things
for the French Lick Beavers, in fact I guarantee the playoffs this year, and
to contend for a championship in years five and six!

Yours,
Jim Meninno