Re: Projo: Pitino To Use Group Substitutions Again

Way Of The Ray wrote:

>         Providence Journal
>         10.15.99 02:16:18
>         CELTICS
>         Celtics planning to sub often
>
> Pitino started Antoine Walker, Paul Pierce, Danny
> Fotson, Kenny Anderson and Calbert Cheaney against the
> Hornets. With 4:38 left in the first quarter he
> relieved them with Tony Battie, Adrian Griffin, Eric
> Williams, Wayne Turner and Pervis Ellison. He did
> similar substitutions in the second, third and fourth
> quarters. He also substituted individually.

Oh now this is starting to make a lot more sense.

I had originally thought VP had somehow been rotated in with the second
pressing unit. Actually, it looks more like VP and Walter were simply
held out (for the most part) of Wednesday's audition, to get a first
look at the new players. I feel kind of sheepish. :-) Give me a break,
guys.

So eventually VP can simply take Cheaney's place in the starting lineup
and "voila" the puzzle fits. McCarty, Washington, Barros and Cheaney can
get their first look with the crowded second unit tonight. The question
is which if any of those four will win a steady job with the pressing
unit, at the expense of "Ike" Turner, "Andy" Griffith etc.

Opi
(ashamed to go by my real name)

GO REDSOX!

****