Re: THE CELTICS STINK

> Subject: Re: THE CELTICS STINK
> Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 21:40:46 -0400
> From: Dan Forant Sr <dforant1@nycap.rr.com>
> To: celtics@igtc.com
>
> Man relax, it's only the 1st exhibition game.

It only takes one nose to smell a pile of garbage. It was the same old
weaknesses on exhibit once again.

They did look really ragged.
> I watched with futility the Celts trying to get an inside game going, it
> was awful. Bad shooting, shot selection, rebounding, defense, you name it,
> it sucked. With so many new players the home court advantage early may not
> be of help. I can't say one Celtic stood out to nite. I'm not an Anderson
> fan, but I don't think Magic Johnson could have helped this squad to nite.

Magic would be a solution; Kenny is a problem.

> In defense of the Celts the Hornets looked ready to go. This is a team we
> will lose the series to this season.

If the Celtics are a playoff team as Pitino has told us, then they too
must
look ready to go. They were completely outmatched, because they aren't
that
good unfortunately. They need a point guard and center; also it wouldn't
hurt if they had a legitimate low post scoring option.

 I hope Pitino has broad shoulders,
> this may be a long season.

I'm already depressed, but I see some possible avenues of hope. Maurice
Taylor
would help and you have to expect that the Clippers will eventually
trade him.
Battie looked pretty good and I hope Pitino starts him. As the trading
deadline
approaches, there may be one or two quality point guards available in a
deal.
I'd like to see Wayne Turner play a lot, because he seems more of a fit
in
the Pitino system. It's going to be tough to find a center, however.
Ray