Which to watch?

So the Celtics will be playing their first exhibition game at the
same time the Red Sox play the first game of their first-ever playoff
series against their much-hated long-time rivals the New York Yankees.

What a dilemma!

Those on this list who are Celtics fans, but not from Boston, may not
understand how big a deal this baseball playoff series is.  It's enough
to make someone like me - a long-suffering Red Sox fan since 1973 and a
Celtics fan since 1974 - almost completely forget that the Celtics exist.
"The Celtics?  Oh yeah, them, that's right... they're starting their
exhibition season tomorrow... I almost forgot!"

In most years, right about now I'd be turning my full attention to the
hope of the Celtics to help me forget the pain of seeing another Red Sox
season end in frustration.  Last year the lockout made things especially
hard.  This year, the Celtics can wait, and even if the Red Sox don't beat
the Yankees, the season will end with a good feeling anyway, which should
carry through until the Celtics get their act together and start winning.

So tomorrow you can bet I'll be watching the Red Sox, but my curiosity
will be killing me about all the new players on the Celtics, and how much
Bill Russell's talks will inspire them to play team ball, and so on, so
I'll have to get 2 VCRs rolling, as I want to tape all the Sox/Yankees
games, too.  If I can't do that I'll have to resort to flipping to the
Celtics game between innings.

Oh to be a Boston sports fan this month!

Jon McIntyre