Re: Mercer worth gamble Issel took in trade

He also "gets to the hole" (sure, on the fast break, or in Antoine's
bedroom, but not in traffic) and is a "better outside shooter than people
realize" (well, outside 15 feet, but inside 20).

Do they have videotape in Denver?  Has Issell seen Ron play? And, the best
part is that they think they are the ones who pulled off a steal on a
desperate franchise!  Isn't it great to have an organization that takes
advantage of morons like this again.  These quotes are coming from Issell,
not the writer.  It's unreal.  I'm surprised he didn't mention what a
consistent defensive stopper Ron is.  Oh, I forgot, they don't play defense
out there.

I'm sure Ron will score a lot of points, and look oh so graceful on the
highlight films, and Denver will continue to suck.

Jim