Re: Mercer worth gamble Issel took in trade

<< Pray for the good, blind luck of winning a Michael Jordan or a Tim Duncan
in the
 draft lottery. Or take a bold risk to exploit trouble in another
organization, by trading for a player in need of a fresh start to become the
best he can be.
  Guess how the Nuggets acquired Mercer -  >>

Yep, if I had to compare Mercer's worth to past or present NBA players then
Jordan & Duncan would be the ones I'd choose.  IS THIS GUY NUTS?!  Must be
the thin air.

<<Meaning no offense to Danny Fortson and the box of rocks the
Nuggets shipped to Boston in return for Mercer, but how often does a team
have a chance to acquire a player with genuine all-star potential for next to
nothing?>>

Just a hunch but I'm betting that Fortson and the box of rocks score more
points and grab more rebounds than Mercer and the bag of sh*t that they
received in exchange.

George