RE: News

Normally I would agree with this, but Barros played much better at the point
than Anderson did last year IMO.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com]On Behalf Of
Gregory Hurst
Sent: Friday, October 01, 1999 7:46 AM
To: dforant1@nycap.rr.com
Cc: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Re: News

I think last year we had no one to push Anderson to the point of him
feeling threaten of loosing his starting position.  However, Turner will
push him and might out play him if he has not improved from last year. In
Turner we have a quarter back type of point guard that does not worry
about scoring.

Turner will push the ball hard after an opponents miss shot to either get
an easy basket for himself or a team mate.  From watching Kenny, he is
more concern with dribble the ball up the court with  a semi push.  This
usually leads to him pulling up for a jumper or throwing the ball to a
team mate  of position to take a good shot. Therefore, unless Kenny has
improved he will play only in a set offense and Turner will eventually
start by mid-season because he can play either style.

If Turner improves, look for Kenny to be traded prior to the trade
deadline.  Kenny dribbles too much!  Dribbling is like candy, its good
however, too much will make you sick!