Re: hard week

Know what, I don't profess to be an inside the game knowledgeable person.
Not even big on stats, although I study the boxes after each game win or
lose. Don't study other teams except for their standings in the Conference
and the game nite with the Celts, I'll brush up a little. Rarely chime in
with the trade theories because their mostly fictional. I do see a style of
basketball being injected into a team that no other team in the League
uses, for whatever reason. The Pitino style takes an athletic and
basketball intelligent group willing to sacrifice a lot. After watching him
with a decent team, the Knicks, they did over achieve some. The front
office balked at some of his requests, especially for more control. So he
left. Just a guess but I think he would have brought that team to new
heights. They had some nice personnel to start with. Much of the nucleus
was there.

In Kentucky it was much easier to call a kid in for a chat and lure him
into the fold. The NBA is different, he knows that, yet he continues to
differ with long standing successful practices from the past. Maybe
something positive will slip out of practices this week concerning some of
the problems that have surfaced. We are better than 7-7.