Re: Spurs Are Really Outclassing The Celts

Way Of The Ray wrote:

> Thank you Mr. High and Mighty UN guy living in a subsidized
> apartment in Paris. I was going to seriously respond to your questions,
> but you have silenced me with shame, with your last comments. The shame
> that we support elitist twerps like you with tax funds.

The rest of what Way Way says above may be accurate, but let me waste a bit of people's
time by pointing out that I'm not entitled to any subsidized rent, nor is it likely that
Way Way has paid with his own tax dollars for anything UNESCO does, since the US (and
Singapore) has not been a member of UNESCO for 15 years. The UN arrears payment
(currently 1.2 billion) is another matter. The US has accumulated unpaid dues over many
years despite heavily staffing the organization and being granted full veto power on
every meaningful decision the UN can make. FYI, the UN's yearly budget is actually still
less than the annual budget of the NYC fire department, among other things, although this
doesn't include all aspects of emergency humanitarian or peace keeping operations (which
by necessity are budgeted apart - with US approval/veto power - from the biennially
approved UN budget). Way might now want to argue that the world is better off if we go
back to a time when there wasn't such a United Nations. Maybe he'd be better at talking
geopolitics than Celts basketball. I'm surprised he's still out there. Below is the
Globe's take on the Antoine story, with a good quote from Rick Pitino:

"Antoine Walker had another tough shooting night (5 for 21) and, for the first  time this
season, heard some boos. He isn't concerned about the fans or his shooting, but coach
Rick Pitino had a suggestion: practice the shots until you don't miss them - or don't
take them.

''It's one or the other. So that's what's got to come,'' Pitino said after the Celtics'
121-98 spanking at the hands of the visiting San Antonio Spurs. ''I've got no problem
with him taking wide-open shots. But you've got to make them. So you've got to get out
there and shoot and shoot until your arm falls off. That's the old school I'm from. If
you're going to keep taking them, get out there and practice 10 hours a day until your
shot falls. If not, have no part of it.''

Walker took four treys and missed them all. He missed inside scoops and layups. He missed
15-footers. Of his five baskets, all were layups. He's now shooting 42.1 percent from the
field.

Asked if it were discouraging to miss open shots, Walker said, ''It don't bother me. It's
basketball. If they don't fall, they don't fall. I try to make 'em. If they're there,
they're there. I gotta take 'em. They just didn't fall. I hope I get those same looks
every night.''

----