Re: Oh great!

In a message dated 11/24/1999 2:23:24 PM Pacific Standard Time, awang@mit.edu
writes:

> Dana Barros is a career 46% shooter from the field, 41% from three point
>  land. I'd say that his relatively poor shooting of late is probably
>  the exception, rather than the norm.

Barros reminds me in some ways of Vinnie Johnson of the two-time champion
Pistons.  He doesn't play a big role much of the time, but every so often can
come in and turn a game around.  He did this for the Celtics last year
regularly.  No one expects him to be a great point or a great defender.  He
offers instant offense (when he's on) and that is what has kept him in the
league all these years.  I sure wouldn't fork out big bucks on a new contract
for him, but I don't begrudge him what he gets.