Upcoming homestand

The upcoming homestand against Indiana, San Antonio, and Milwaukee
is vital. Remember that last year we were 6-5 before going into a
tailspin; while I don't think that will happen this year, it's
important for the team to protect the homecourt and avoid losing
streaks.

I keep thinking that this has to be our big chance to finally beat
Bird. They just don't seem as strong this year and I don't think they
are going to be as hot as they were in their home opener. They are
also playing their third game in four days (as are the Celtics).
Hopefully the home court will prevent Miller from getting as many
ridiculous calls.

San Antonio is always a tough matchup. We haven't played them since
we acquired Potapenko so here's a chance for him to try to stop some
monster centers. I think we'll have to accept that the twin towers
are going to score 50 and try to shut down the rest of their crew.

An interesting note about Milwaukee: in each of their five losses,
they've given up at least 111 points. It seems like the Celtics may
have to outgun them and try to use the press to keep the ball out
of Cassell's hands, because I think that he'll probably shred our
halfcourt defense if he has enough time on the shot clock.

Anyways, a single win among these three tough games will guarantee a
.500 November, and a decent shot to finish 8-6 if they can also take a
road win in Atlanta. That would be a pretty decent start given the
loss of Fortson. Ideally we'd stay above .500 for the whole season,
which would keep the team's confidence high.

Alex