Re: Rookie Watch and Players The Celtics Should Target In Trades

> Players The Celtics Should Target In Trades:
>
> C's Needs: Shotblocking, Back-up Point, and a Low Post Scorer.
>
> Shotblocking:
>
> Dikembe Mutmbo - Would solidify C's center position: 13.4 p. 10.3 r.
> 3.13 b.
> If Atlanta decides to totally rebuild, they may move him. Would cost the
> Celtics at least Walker, Pot, and Denver pick, and because of Base Year
> Compensation issues, C's would have to find a third club with cap space
> to absorb some contracts.

You have got to be kidding me. Dikembe Mutombo Mplondo Jean Jacque Wamutombo
leaving out at least two names would have to be the most overrated player in
the history of the NBA. Yes, he blocks and rebounds, but he doesn't score
cannot pass and is terribly slow. If the Hawks wanted Walker, they'd have to
offer at least Jim Jackson, Dikembe Mutombo, Jason Terry and possibly
Roshown McLeod inexchange for Walker, Ellison, Barros, Minor and the Denver
pick. Then I still wouldn't go through with the trade.

> Shawn Bradley - 3.44 blocks in 21.0 minutes   Somewhere around $7m in
> salary,
> however.

I do like Shawn Bradley, but so far this season he has not continued his
progress from last season which I am surprised about. Has had a few big
games recently which has done him the world of good.

> Brian Skinner - .578 fg%  2.13 b. 8.4 p. 7.9 r.   $800,000 or so.
> Rapidly improving Clipper forward/center.

Wow..... You really are the Clipper fan aren't you Ray. Last year it was
Maurice (who I really do like, but he cant rebound and will never be an NBA
power forward; big mobile forward yes, but not a power forward), this year
its Brian "I couldn't do any worse than last years abysmal effort so when I
at least look half respectable I blow people away" Skinner.

> Adonal Foyle - 3.13 b. 7.8 p. 7.6 r. in 23.8 minutes.  Foyle is in the
> last year of his contract and has shown excellent shotblocking and
> defensive
> ability. C's Leo Papile was very high on him. He would be an fine
> pickup.
> Somewhere around $2.4 million; Battie, Cheaney and a first for him and
> something else, when Dampier returns.

Calbert Cheaney for Adonal Foyle straight up?
Tony Battie for Adonal Foyle straight up?

Foyle although I do like his game is a faster but smaller version of
Mutombo. He has hardly the same potential as Battie. I would acquire Adonal
inexchange for Walter.

> Theo Ratliff - Doubt LB would make another trade with Pitino, but
> Ratliff's
> averaging 11.7 p. 8.0 r. 3.0 b. and around $8 million per annum.

He would fit like a dream in this system. Agreed.

> Greg Ostertag - Around $5 mil. a year and averaging 5.4 p. 7.5 r. 2.13
> b.
> in 22.6 minutes. What could the Celtics give up? Pot? BYC problems. Pot
> and something else for him?

Karl's off of his back. Has been very nice this season. Not available unless
a monster deal comes up I would imagine.

> Akeem Olajuwon - Somewhere around $13 mil with slowing reflexes, but
> still pretty good with 14.0 p. 8.7 r. 2.0 a. 2.33 st. 2.33 b.
> His large salary means a big package deal, however.

Its Hakeem, not Akeem. Why? Why? Why? Hes old. Hes slow. Hes the Western
Conference's version of Patrick Ewing.

> Others:
>
> Will Perdue

Hack.

> Jelani McCoy

Hack.

> Michael Stewart - BSG suggests trading Barros for him

You heard it here first; Tony Battie and Eric Williams inexchange for
McGrady and Stewart.

> Luc Longley

Yay... exactly what the Celtics need. An older version of Potapenko.

> Back-up Point
>
> Bimbo Coles - In 25.0 minutes, he's at 9.1 p. 4.4 a.  Salary: Somewhere
> around
> $2.4 m.

Aging has-been. Not what the doctor ordered.

> Chris Herren - Just started playing. I think he'll be pretty good.
> I'd see what Denver would want for him. Salary = minimum.

Denver's not trading him. He'd be cut as quick as Turner was.

> Fred "Celtic Killer" Hoiberg - He can't be stopped once he gets in the
> groove...
> 12.2 p. 4.2 a. .463 shooting %  and all that at a bargain basement rate
> of $800,000. and on a 1 year contract. Will increase his salary via free
> agency, so maybe the Bulls will move him...

He'd fit the system nicely. Could get a lot of open looks. Potential to
become the next Jeff Hornacek.

> Steve Nash - .492 shooting %, .480 in three-pointers (Pitino is already
> in love), 9.1 p. 3.7 a.  A truly fine back-up point who has been beaten
> out
> for the starting job with the Mavs by Robert Pack whom is playing like
> his old Denver days. Nash is an interesting trade possibility and one that
>
> fits into Pitino's world view of taking in talented disappointments.
> Contract: 6 years - $36 mil  Hmmm.... Dana Barros and Battie for him?
> Dana Barros, a first and Waltahhh?

I've got him in my fantasy team. Has better ball handling skills than Dana,
same shooting. I'd trade them Dana, Eric Williams and Tony Battie for Cedric
Ceballos and Nash.

> Chris Whitney - 17.5 min. 8.0 p. 4.0 a.
> Always impresses me when he plays the Celtics. On the last year of his
> contract at about $1.4 m.  What do the Wizards need?

He's the Wizards MVP so far this season according to their fans. I got him
on my fantasy team from last year. Hes a good player, solid citizen, good
team player. Nice fit. Not quite as good as Dana.

>                    ______________________________
>
> Others who may be available for trade - Non Categorized
>
> Mitch Richmond

Old, Slow. No playing time available for him.

> Rod Strickland

Why? Kenny's always been better when healthy. Rod's got injury problems now
too, ya know!

> John Starks

If he doesn't get along with Carlesimo, what chance does RP have?

> Donyell Marshall

Overpriced hack. Trade him for Walter ;)

> Kerry Kittles

Hmmmmm.... Interesting. No playing time for him.

> Jamie Feick

Good rebounder. Nice. Not available.

> Charlie Ward

HAHAHAHAHA

> Chris Childs

ROFLMAO!

> Larry Johnson

Poor back. Poor mans Antoine.

> Derek Strong

Damn.. Thats an oxymoron if I've ever seen one.

> Laphonso Ellis

No knees.

> JR Rider

What kinda drugs are you on Ray? Or are you one of those who plays with JR
on the streetz of Rocklanta?

> Toni Kukoc

He may be Kukoc, but his game ain't Kute.

> Danny Ferry

You're into these draft busts aren't you Ray?

> Wesley Person

Yes.. Exactly what we need. A streak shooter.

> Cedric Henderson

We've got a better version.

> Bison Dele

For a basketball guy who follows the newsgroups you sure as hell dont know
much Ray. Hes retired ;)

> Lloyd Vaught

Its Loy.

> Doug Christie

No playing time.

> John Williams

Hot Rod? The engines dead.

> Cory Alexander

No playing time in Denver? Doesn't that tell you something?

> Keon Clark - Imagine if the C's ended up with him rather than Pierce?

Yes, you would be in heaven wouldn't you Ray?

> Carlos Rogers - He'd might be worth a shot

Yawn.

> Charles Barkley

Too old. Bad locker room person. Exactly what we need.

> Cherokee Parks

He belongs in the stands of the WNBA. Hes big, white and hes kinda stiff...
Just how we like 'em.

> Doug West

Yay. See Charles Barkley.

> Brian Grant

Brian Grant's a nice player. Good citizen. Not for trade.

> Jermaine O' Neil

  Exactly what we want. A guy who will never grow up, averages 5ppg or under
and thinks hes a superstar.

Why didn't you just copy the list of players in Australia's national
competition. I'm sure that most of them are better than half of the players
you thought we should target.

Now whats your trade offer Ray?

Ummm... We'll give Golden State our starting lineup for Adonal Foyle, Chris
Mills, Jason Caffey and a second round draft pick.