Re: Ugly ugly ugly 4th quarter

 Jon wrote:

> Let's hope our guys are 5-2 after this weekend.  Anything less than that
means
> our guys either aren't responding well to losing a couple games in a row
> (Friday's game), or aren't able to get motivated to beat the bad teams
> (Saturday's game).
>
> Jon Mc

Not necessarily.  If Kenny is out for any length of time, we will have
trouble handling pressure defenses.  Also, there are talented players on the
opposing teams who often go unpraised by many on this list.  It's almost as
if there is an expectation that we should play excellent basketball
regardless of what the matchups are, and of course, that is not always the
case.  Sometimes, a team like Chicago comes up big in a game like this.
Remember how we did that last year during one of the west coast swings.
It's just not as simple as that which Jon has posted above.

This is a very young, inexperienced team which we have and they will take
the stumbles along the way which all aspiring teams suffer.  We need to
exercise patience, caution and support when they falter from game to game.
People are saying that we should beat the Knicks, and I hope we do, but last
time I checked, this is a team which went deep into the playoffs last year,
and still features some good players like Houston, Camby, LJ and Spree.  I
also expect Ward to be a pest to whomever plays the point in Kenny's
absence.

Cecil