various

I think we are in a precarious situation for a few weeks.  We need
badly to establish what kind of team we are and a few team oriented
wins will help greatly.  If we continue to turn the ball over and play
weak transition defense, we will have lost the chance to run with the
pack.  Walker's return to rebounding is a good step.  Pierce needs to
adjust to the acclaim given A. Griffin and play like he can with
consistency.  I think we have a good team, but we have no consistent
floor leadership.

On another note, I saw the brief flurry between Charles and Shaq last
night and it was scary.  Shaq threw a left jab that could have floored
anyone; it missed and Charles tackled him; I wasn't surprised that
Charles could respond with such speed.  Shaq is out of sorts this
year:  he wants people to play fair and not foul him; he might not be
able to make foul shots (I mean he might not be able to), so he's
trying to intimidate the opposition.  Not a pretty sight.

Gene  (not so confident against any opponent right now)