Re: Turner gone?

In a message dated 11/8/99 2:31:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jim_meninno@hotmail.com writes:

<< I was intending to write a post saying that those
 asking for Turner to play more were way off base.  He's looked awful to me
 since the real games started, but I thought it was just nerves and he needed
 time to settle down.  After all he was always understood to be a long term
 project, right?  Apparently Pitino has seen enough to decide Turner's not
 going to make it on this level.  It is so surprising, and out of the blue,
 though that I wonder if there wasn't something more to it.  Some attitude
 issue or something.  I don't know, I'm just surprised. >>

I have a feeling we may not have seen the last of Turner.  Maybe he'll go to
Europe to work on his game and be back next year.  The way he was picked
apart by Bouges was obviously his Waterloo.  Rick must feel he needs someone
now and thinks he can get more out of Overton.

George