Re: Turner gone?

>From: Alex Wang <awang@mit.edu>
>
>Wow. I wasn't impressed by Turner but I didn't expect him to be
>waived since Pitino was supposedly grooming him for further down
>the road. But truly, if the Celtics wanted a point guard for the
>future to groom, they are likely to find a better candidate using
>one of their three first-round draft picks in the next two years.

I have to agree, Alex.  I was intending to write a post saying that those
asking for Turner to play more were way off base.  He's looked awful to me
since the real games started, but I thought it was just nerves and he needed
time to settle down.  After all he was always understood to be a long term
project, right?  Apparently Pitino has seen enough to decide Turner's not
going to make it on this level.  It is so surprising, and out of the blue,
though that I wonder if there wasn't something more to it.  Some attitude
issue or something.  I don't know, I'm just surprised.

Jim