Pitino Stiffs Trick or Treaters

But when he told the kids he didn't live there, he meant
it 100 percent at the time...

       Boston Herald - Inside Track

       Warring DJs may be Brewing up a peace truce
      by Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa
      Tuesday, November 2, 1999 <snips>

      Pitino fouls kids
      And speaking of Halloween, kids in Sherborn know who the trick-or-treat
      Grinch is in their town - Celtics coach Rick Pitino!
      Our costumed spies said they went to the coach's pad to beg for candy
      Sunday night and for the third year in a row, came away empty-handed!
      ``We always go as a goof,'' said 10-year-old Deep Candybags. ``He never
      answers the door. But this year, he was out walking his dog when we came
      up. He yelled, `Hey, what are you doing here?' and we said `trick or
      treating.' ''
      Well, the coach told the kids there was no one home at the house.
      ``And I said, `Aren't you Rick Pitino?' He said, `No, no, no,' but he was
      wearing a Celtics shirt and jacket. Then he said, `I don't live here. I
      live over there,' and he pointed to a clump of trees. It was lame.''
      Needless to say, they didn't net any treats.