Interesting Magic fans take

Another STUPID trade rumor [#0 of 19]
Posted on Sun 30 May '99 (06:19 PM) by (BlueHart4ever)

On another Orlando Magic message board
someone said they heard on the Halftime
report(during the Knicks/Pacers game)that the
Celtics offered Ron Mercer & Kenny Anderson
the Magic for Penny Hardaway. What do you
guys think of that rumor?

Another STUPID trade rumor [#1 of 19]
Posted on Sun 30 May '99 (06:30 PM) by (supermagic)

you're right, it is another STUPID trade
rumor
if Penny goes, the Magic have to bring in a
legit all-star/superstar, otherwise we're
f*cked.
hell, we're f*cked by just letting Penny go,
because that will lead to have the team
leaving via free agency or demanding a trade.
Ron Mercer ain't sh*t, and Kenny Anderson had
his days before his knees started clanging
into eachother.  This trade s*cks my left nut.

I still stand by my prediction (which will
soon prove to be true):
Penny Hardaway will re-sign and play in
Orlando

Another STUPID trade rumor [#2 of 19]
Posted on Sun 30 May '99 (06:41 PM) by (BlueHart4ever)

I HOPE we can accomplish 3 things this
offseason:

1) GET PENNY RE-SIGNED.

2) FIND SOMEWAY TO ACQUIRE SHAQ(I REALIZE
IT'S WISHFUL THINKING, BUT THAT'S FINE BY ME).

3) FIND A STARTING POINT GUARD.

Also find a new head coach(but that goes
without saying).

Another STUPID trade rumor [#3 of 19]
Posted on Sun 30 May '99 (06:44 PM) by (supermagic)

1 & 3 will happen.
#2 is just a dream of yours, that will die
off when next season begins

Another STUPID trade rumor [#4 of 19]
Posted on Sun 30 May '99 (06:48 PM) by (BlueHart4ever)

It will die off as soon as Shaq signs
somewhere else, actually. They had a poll at
insidecentralflorida.com and like 55% of the
people said they would want Shaq back. I
realize it's just a dream, but after all he
did comment on a possible return to the Magic
when he said that if he did come back he would
want Penny to return, too. Plus, I read that
the Magic have said that if Shaq does opt out
they will try to get him.

Another STUPID trade rumor [#5 of 19]
Posted on Sun 30 May '99 (06:50 PM) by (supermagic)

with what money?
LMAO!

Another STUPID trade rumor [#6 of 19]
Posted on Sun 30 May '99 (06:55 PM) by (BlueHart4ever)

I don't know with what money. My only guess
is a sign & trade, but I really don't know
which players it would take to get him.

Another STUPID trade rumor [#7 of 19]
Posted on Sun 30 May '99 (06:58 PM) by (supermagic)

sign and trade my ass
if he opts out you can't trade for him,
because he's a free agent.
if they wanna sign him for the $1.75 clause,
they're lucky as hell, and he would have
proven he really wants to be here and win
something.
I'd still hate his fat ass though.
even though I'd have to cheer for him for the
good of the team, I'd still hate him.

Another STUPID trade rumor [#8 of 19]
Posted on Sun 30 May '99 (07:00 PM) by (BlueHart4ever)

We could have a problem. A Celtic fan just
told me that the proposed
trade(Mercer/Anderson for Penny)is close to
being finished. He didn't tell me where he
heard that at, my only hope is that he's
mistaken. I don't know maybe Vecsey(sp?)said
that during halftime, but I wouldn't know
because I didn't watch the game. I just hope
management doesn't decide to do the trade
before they talk to Penny, one more time.

Another STUPID trade rumor [#9 of 19]
Posted on Sun 30 May '99 (07:02 PM) by (BlueHart4ever)

When he opts out, the Lakers(or Fakers,
Lackers)can re-sign him then trade him to the
Magic for some player(s).

Another STUPID trade rumor [#10 of 19]
Posted on Sun 30 May '99 (07:05 PM) by (supermagic)

close to being finished?!
LOL!
that Celtic fan is sadly mistaken.
if he's getting that info from Vescey on
halftime of the NY/Indy game (BTW, the Knicks
won baby! HAHA!  I told you!  now they're
gonna go on to win the series!), then he's
really wrong.
what Vescey said was more in these terms:
not "The Magic & Celtics are close to a deal
sending Penny to Boston for Ron Mercery and K.
Anderson" but "the Celtics are seriously
willing to give up Ron Mercer & K. Anderson to
Orlando for Penny Hardaway."
believe me, a trade like that is ludicrous.
no way in hell it's going down.
Magic management may not be all that great at
this point, but we're certainly not as bad as
the Bulls (Pippen to Hou for a scrub and a
pick?  yeah, that was reeeeeeeal smart...)

--

Another STUPID trade rumor [#11 of 19]
Posted on Sun 30 May '99 (07:09 PM) by (BlueHart4ever)

Another STUPID trade rumor [#12 of 19]
Posted on Sun 30 May '99 (07:18 PM) by (supermagic)

even if they were, right now, they can't do
sh*t
ya know why?
cuz it's May 30
what happens on May 30?
NOT A DAMN THING

you have to wait 'til July 1 before anything
happens.  While we're all being filled with
the joy and excitement of the WNBA then (ha!),
our NBA franchises get a chance to play with,
trade, sign, and f*ck around with their teams
all they want.  But if there IS a deal going
down like the one mentioned (fat chance),
they'd probably start the talking at a later
date.  Right now, all that's going on really
is media BS.  That's what's occupied us on
this board with all our predictions and
thoughts - media BS.
DeVos has said his sh*t to the media.
Penny has said his sh*t to the media
(rightfully so).
Gabe has said his sh*t to the media (has he?
don't quite remember...)
and the media peoples have f*cked around with
their little typewriters and superadvanced
IMACs to make up stories that'll get them
recognition and get local people to follow
their side (aka bash Penny to death, or 'til
he leaves town).

from what I know, and what I believe, no two,
or three, or four, or however many owners
have actually talked on the phone, gotten
together to do lunch, have a meeting, or even
perform a nasty but simple little sex act.
All that waits for July 1.

Another STUPID trade rumor [#13 of 19]
Posted on Sun 30 May '99 (07:28 PM) by (brooksb)

Penny going to boston would make for some
great Nike commercials. I can see it now...

Little Penny dressed up in a leprechaun
outfit yelling down from the rafters at the
fleet center. I know they would throw in a
line about somebody being after his lucky
charms.

Nike would definately bring back LP if this
trade happened!!!

Another STUPID trade rumor [#14 of 19]
Posted on Sun 30 May '99 (08:34 PM) by (magicrule)

penny would have to agree to go to
boston....and i don't see why he'd do that.
That media there would put waaay to much
pressure, and expectations would be high. I
saw the way the fans there booed walker
whenever he took a shot during a few games.
I'm sure penny is aware of this and he
wouldn't want to go there. Mercer coming here
would have to also mean nick would be gone b/c
mercer is a 2-guard i doubt he'd start over
nick, b/c nick is the superior player right
now

Another STUPID trade rumor [#15 of 19]
Posted on Sun 30 May '99 (09:31 PM) by (ice)

Mercer could play the 3 though. Actually, if
the Celtics did offer Mercer and Anderson, I
am kinda worried that Gabe might pull the
trigger. That package is probably going to be
better than what other teams are willing to
give up. Assuming Penny is definitely leaving,
the Magic have to get something back, and
Mercer is a fine player and Anderson would
fill the PG needs. So I don't think that rumor
is JUST a rumor. It might actually be legit.
Oh sh!t...

Another STUPID trade rumor [#16 of 19]
Posted on Mon 31 May '99 (02:07 AM) by (danielp)

ice,,,finally someone that sees the reasoning
behind this.  i HATE to say this,, but what
other trade can you see that is better than
this for the magic if they wait??  i mean,
they get a good pg and a hell of a 2 or 3,
whichever..for (what i think is 1 of the top 5
players in the nba, when he wants to be) a
player who they could lose in the same manner
as they lost shaq!! getting nothing!!!  we all
know the game penny's got, but i tell you
this, what the magic must be thinking, this is
something you have to look at seriously.
go celts!!!!(lol! jk!)
give some input to this,,,,,,,and vecsey i
dislike, but he knows his sh@t

Another STUPID trade rumor [#17 of 19]
Posted on Mon 31 May '99 (06:51 AM) by (YaRite)

but i don't think penny wants to go to
celtics.... if they wanna do a sign-and-trade
penny has the right to say which team he
wants to go to.....

Another STUPID trade rumor [#18 of 19]
Posted on Mon 31 May '99 (07:25 AM) by (Ih8Shaq)

If we do go ahead with this, our starting
line= up would consist of Kenny Anderson,
Nick, Mercer, Ho and Ike.
At the mo, the Celtics s.l. is Kenny, Mercer,
Pierce, Walker and Tony Battie.

If you think about it, their line up is
better than ours will be. And that line up
didnt make the playoffs.

Nah-ah!! Gabe will not go for that.

Maybe if another team gets involved, it might
go ahead.

Say, if the Suns send Googs to us and Danny
Manning to the Celtics.

We send Penny to Boston, Derek to Phoenix.

Celtics send Mercer and a draft pick to
Phoenix, and Kenny Anderson to us.

SO

Magic s.l.- Kenny, Nick, Googs, Ho, Ike
Suns s.l.-	Kidd, Mercer, C. Robinson,
Longley, Derek (?) + Daft pick.
Celtics s.l.- Walker, Penny, Manning, Pierce,
and a FA PG like KJ or another trade.

Another STUPID trade rumor [#19 of 19]
Posted on Mon 31 May '99 (07:26 AM) by (Ih8Shaq)

sorry, DRAFT pick, not daft (duh)