Orlando Sentinal Message Board

Orlando Magic [#589 of 618]
Posted on Tue 18 May '99 (07:24 AM) by (MarxMarvelous)

It is about time someone in Orlando's media
called out Penny Hardaway for what he
is, and called for his exile. Having lived in
6 NBA cities over the last 10 years, I've
gotten acquainted with both superstars and the
media's treatment of them. And Orlando media
has been playing softball in a
hardball league. The Magic, the media and the
fans have bent over backwards in coddling
this primadonna.

Come on, this guy complains about coach Daly.
Let's analyze this: Daly has won 2 NBA
titles, Hardaway none. Daly managed to keep
everyone happy on the original Dream Team, the
greatest collection of basketball talent and
basketball egos ever assembled,but not Penny.

I wholeheartedly agree with you Brian
Schmitz' column today, it's time for Penny to
go. My hope is he goes to a city whos media
holds its star players to a standard worthy of
their $10 million a year price tags. Wouldn't
it be sweet to see Hardaway in New York,
Philadelphia or Los Angeles
(Clippers not Lakers, I'm sure the Lakers
have learned their lesson from Rodman, and he
was happy to play under Daly).

Anyway, someone at the Sentinel should drop a
line to the De Vos family. . .since
according to Penny they are pulling their
strings. . .and tell them to keep Daly, he
knows what makes a champion, and it isn't just
talent.

I think Schmitz' is wrong though, Penny
wouldn't like it in San Antonio, he wants to
be the man, no second fiddle for him. He just
doesn't want any responsibility. Therefore, I
suggest Denver. The city has two
extremely successful other franchises
(Broncos/Avalanche) and low expectations for
its B-Ball team. Penny could score 25 a game,
while leading the Nuggets to their expected
18-54 record, with Penny receiving all the
accolades for the wins, and none of the blame
for the losses.

Go Penny! REALLY-GO!

--

Orlando Magic [#590 of 618]
Posted on Tue 18 May '99 (08:03 AM) by (MagicGuy)