(no subject)

Bentz wrote, in different posts (with Michael chiming in):

But, I think the 1986 team is a good example of the chemistry and lack
of ego that is necessary to win, and which is missing from the current
Celitcs.

 And now we, supposedly the most
> knowledgeable of Celtic fans, add fuel to the fire with a list discussion
of the
> great white players on those Celtic teams and their merits in terms of
> "chemistry and lack of ego."

This is a personal problem. I never said the lack of ego and chemistry
had anything to do with race.  If you read it that way, it is your
problem.

     Amen, Bentz!  (Fellow lawyer, of course...)  When I read the comment
about "chemistry and lack of ego," I thought about the article Greg posted
twice on the "8 spokes to stardom" or some such.  (A wonderful, if somewhat
overblown, discussion, which is in my desk at work for periodic review.)  I
also think about the Blazers, where every single player is, apparently,
subordinating his own need for stats and glory to the greater cause of
winning.  I think about Wilt, who never won a title while averaging 50 ppg,
but did win one as a team player for the Lakers.  If the "chemistry and lack
of ego" is some sort of racist buzzword/expression, then please explain
Christian Laettner.  And Joe Dumars.
    I once read an article about this thing with the Celtics having lots of
white players.  It was real simple and to the point.  You'd cut Kevin McHale
("The best guy I ever played against." - Charles Barkley) from YOUR team?
You think Larry Bird is a token white guy?  Danny Ainge oughta be in the CBA?
 Cowens only played because he was white?  Maybe, just maybe, the PC crowd
has trouble dealing with the fact that the Celtics in the 60s, 70s and 80s
had lots of white guys and WON.  It just didn't FIT the PC view of hoops.
     And as for being a racist or not, I have given up such statements.  If
you think I am a racist, that's your opinion.  If you think I'm not, then
that's OK too.  It's all too politically charged for me.  Hell, I don't even
dare venture a guess as to what racism IS any more! (I have my own thoughts,
but they're only mine.)
--- Doug in Clipperland, home of white guys Eric Piatkowski and Stojko!