From: Patrick Goggin <gogginpd@email.uc.edu>
To: <Celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 1999 10:03 AM
Subject: Tidbits from Cincinnati

> -I find the entire franchiseinf Atlanta nauseating--from the fans, to the
> players, to the coach.

Like anyone asked you.

> Their playoff attendance was a joke,

Detroit @ Atlanta 5/8: 20,884
Detroit @ Atlanta 5/10: 16,377
Detroit @ Atlanta 5/16: 8,460 (i.e. sold out Georgia Tech)
New York @ Atlanta 5/18: 18,513
New York @ Atlanta 5/20: 22,558

Discarding the game at the tiny Alexander Memorial that averages out as
19,553 per game which I'd hardly term a joke.  You may postulate that
Celtics fans would have filled the Georgia Dome all four nights but if
you've ever seen a game there you'd realize how bad the seats start getting
beyond that 20,000th seat.  It's a football stadium after all.  It would be
better to judge Atlanta fans (of which I am one) next year when the new
arena is ready and the ramshackle arena situation of the last two years is
over.  With four first round picks and hopefully healthy players the team
should be able to improve significantly next year.