Re: Jonathan Comey: Trade Mercer/Battie - Build Team Around Walker/Pierce

I hope Pitino doesn't buy into all this hype of too many scorers, too
much youth etc. and just for one stands pat w.r.t trading his core
players. I think Battie has come a long way from the player who was
traded and Mercer has improved too from his first year. Everybody
preaches patience to the youth, how about coversely excercising some
patience with the youth. Washington is a prime example of how not to
build a young team, they aquired veteran talent by trading away their
young players and to what avail. I don't buy these money and budget
constraints logic because unless the player that we get in return is
chopped liver, he will demand an equally large salary.

On the other hand I won't mind players such as Popeye or Anderson go
because they don't fit the prototype.
Here is my list of players to retain:
Walker, Mercer, Pierce, Barros, Potapenko, Battie, McCarty, Jones,
Minor, Ellison <ML married him to the celts with a no divorce clause>

Go:
Schintzius <hate that guy>, Riley, Bowen, Popeye, Anderson.
                      - Mishra

PS: I was listening to Chris Monters yesterday on ESPN and he said that
Cleveland wants to move up and draft a pg, this will make Brevin Knight
expendable could be worth inquiring about.