No Subject

Venkatesh Sampath (Sampath Venkatesh?) wrote:

<<Well, since I am one of those that liked Scottie Pippen's play and
defended him on this list, I shall try to justify my desire to see him
play for the Celtics

[snip]

Pippen was playing below his average long before the playoff series
against the Fakers started. One below-average season for Pippen doesn't
prove he's a bad player.>>

No.  But it does show that he is over the hill.  So is Richmond.  Both
Scottie and Mitch are indisputably great players and likely Hall of
Famers.  That doesn't mean the Celtics should go get them now.  The
Celtics aren't one player away from a championship, as they were in
1985.  Neither Scottie nor Mitch, at this point in NBA life, can bring
to the table what Walton or Bailey Howell brought.  The Celtics need
time for their nucleus -- which IMHO includes WALKER, PIERCE, MERCER,
POTAPENKO AND BATTIE, ALL OF WHOM ARE 24 AND YOUNGER -- to solidify as
a team.  Just fix the point situation (Anderson to the Grizzlies for
cap garbage and a top 4 pick?  SOMEBODY PINCH ME!!!!  I'd even throw in
2 Celtics' #1s for good measure!) and all will be well.

Michael Gooen