Re: Holley: Celtics Must Make A Trade

> I'm not so sure that the Spurs will make it out of the
> west, and I'm not so sure that Tim Duncan is such a
> dominant player, either.  He's kind of like a
> souped-up Kevin McHale, but I'd rather have Iverson or
> Jason Kidd on my team, or Shaquille if I am looking at
> big men.  Duncan's great, but he's no Jordan.  He
> doesn't beat you by himself.  I guess he may
> eventually.  Who cares?

I'd rather have a souped-up Kevin McHale or just the
"run-of-the-mill Kevin McHale" than Iverson or Kidd.
Kidd is a great player but as this year has shown, he can't
do it all himself either. Neither can Iverson.

Shaq is a more dominant one-on-one player but I think that
it may be harder to build a team around Shaq than around
Duncan, because Duncan is a more complete and flexible player
and can complement a wider variety of teammates.

Duncan has dominated quite a few games this year. One playoff
loss doesn't negate that.

Alex