Re: Latest Celtics Conspiracy Theory And What Cleveland May Do With The CelticsPick

>From: damekmo@teleport.com
>
>I could be wrong, but here's how I see it. Gaston didn't "want" to
>criticize Pitino publicly. This never would've come out if Holley hadn't
>interviewed ML. The question was asked, and ML answered it, voicing
>Gaston's concerns. Why shouldn't Gaston and ML be close enough to talk
>about the situation. Gaston knows that ML is loyal. ML proved it. I can
>believe that ML was echoing Gaston's disappointment in Pitino. Gaston
>expected progress, he paid a lot of money for it, he didn't get it. Did
>Gaston tell him to go public? Probably not. Did he tell him not to?

I guess I can imagine this scenerio.  It means that Carr and Gaston are
quite close personally, but then why else is Carr still around?  So, yes, I
can believe Gaston had some things to say about this season.

>Probably not. I still don't see what the problem is with this whole thing.
>Pitino got paid a ton of money and given almost total control of basketball
>operations to win, at least to show some progress. He didn't. The
>organization is disappointed. Why not? Pitino is on notice that this isn't
>going to happen again, and ML has informed >everybody that Gaston cares
>about winning a championship...not about Pitino's feelings. If he doesn't
>show some progress next season....he's gone.

The problem I had was that Carr was not just expressing disappointment in
this season.  That's understandable and justified.  He wasn't just implying
that Pitino was responsible to a large degree.  You know, I agree with that,
so I don't want to hear any crap from KK about how I'm some blind Pitino
disciple.  He was making innuendos about Pitino not being commited enough to
winning.  He was saying things like maiking the playoffs shouldn't be a goal
for the Boston Celtics.  And that's a bit rich coming from one of the
biggest frauds in the team's history.  If I were Carr, I'd shut my
championship-driven mouth and be thankfull that my championship-drvien ass
has a cushy chair to sit in, because I'm probably not getting another job
anywhere else in the NBA ever again.

Jim