Re: BAKER - NOT!

>Paul's right - we don't want Baker.  When Baker told the press at the Fleet
>Center he'd like to come to Boston we were in dire straits - so the idea
>sounded good.  Ever since then there have been some who think because he'd
>like to come here we want him.  We don't need him now and everything Paul
>said is true.  He is not what this team needs.
>
>Dorine

And concerning the "Payton part" of that deal. Payton is coming into the
home stretch of his career. He wants to win a championship, not mess around
with a team that would be thrilled to squeeze into the playoffs at .500. He
was begging to be traded from that sort of team. I'd take Payton over any
point in the NBA...but it's too late.

Paul M.