Re: Mercer and Battie for Michael Finley

It all comes down to proven commodities.  Gary Payton, Alonzo
Mourning, Charles Barkley, David Robinson, Mitch Richmond -
Their games are already established.  I expect that they'll all make
the Hall of Fame.  Antoine Walker and Ron Mercer -
Who knows?  They might be something special or Antoine could turn out
to be a Chris Webber wannabe.  Give me a still-in-their-prime
proven commodity and I'll feel a lot better about the Celtics chances,
even if it means trading two of the young players.
Ray