Re: Larry Brown

Yep, it doesn't sound great (it eventually ended up being
Tyrone Hill and Matt Geiger). But New Jersey is at the
bottom of the conference while Philadelphia's still playing.
And the fact that Calipari "stole" Van Horn didn't save his
job. Larry Brown established a solid big man rotation that
is more complementary to Iverson than Van Horn would have
been, and his team is winning as a result. The fact that
Mercer is a scoring talent, like Van Horn (but not as good),
makes most people overvalue him. A solid power forward that
doesn't score as much but rebounds, defends, and goes to
the foul line could complement Walker and Pierce more than
Mercer does.

Alex