Re: Pitino Changes Tune On Walker

Is there something wrong with changing one's mind.  I realize that Rick
does it too often; but I would rather see him learn from his mistakes.

ML should not have spoken his mind.  It sounded like sour grapes to
boot.  It doesn't even matter if he was right.

But, the thing is, that Pitino made such a dramatic change in the team
last year.  So, we all, myself and my 30 win prediction included,
expected that he would ensure that the team would make the same quantum
leap again.  But, it didn't.  And the question is, why did I believe
that.  I think we all, including the sportswriters, were fooled by the
improvement of last year.  And really, while it may be the hardest to
get an attitude turned around from that spot, that jump in the number of
wins is the easiest to make.

The next step up is harder.  And, I would like to know who on the list
predicted 19-20 wins or less and why.  They were much more realistic.
And as Celtic fans, it makes it even worse when you see talent, but
young talent, that seems not to have what made the Celtics champions,
team work.  That is the first lesson.  And if AW wants to be a leader
then he better learn to be a team player first.  ETC.

But the bottom line is, we expected too much out of this team and this
coach.

--
Bentz
bocelts@usit.net