Re: Pitino Changes Tune On Walker

In a message dated 5/5/99 5:41:13 PM Pacific Daylight Time, bocelts@usit.net
writes:

> So, we all, myself and my 30 win prediction included,
>  expected that he would ensure that the team would make the same quantum
>  leap again.  But, it didn't.

I have been wondering much the same thing.  Our predictions were based on,
essentially, last year's team plus Pierce.  The only major change after our
bets were down was the addition of Potapenko, and few are the souls who think
he made the team worse.  Last year the team won about 41% of its games, which
would call for a 21 win season to stay even.  So one could say that the team
not only didn't improve, it regressed.  Why?  Was the 50 game schedule really
that screwy?

> The next step up is harder.  And, I would like to know who on the list
>  predicted 19-20 wins or less and why.

I am not the official scribe here, but I think that 20 was the lowest number
predicted. And we second-guess the GM/coach?  <g>
- Doug